Sunday, October 10, 2010

Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins



Tried another recipe.....and it was another hit. I am sure these recipes are not for everyone. And.....when yo compare them to the REALLY YUMMY food that is out there, I am sure they pale in comparison. However....my goal is to make healthy snack for my kids...ones with liw sugar and whole wheat flour and grains. So, I continue to search for new ones and experiment with them so i can build up a file of ones that my kids like. I found this one on Tasty Kitchen's website again. I discovered this website through my love for The Pioneer Woman and her blog. She is connected to Tasty Kitchen and tons of people share recipes there. Anyway, it is one of my favortie wensites to search for recipes....and they have ALL kinds....it's not meant to be "one of those healthy websites".
This recipe was featured to serve with dinner. After making it, I know why. It really isn't very sweet but it has good flavor. I added a bit of extra brown sugar than it called for...but not much. the kids enjoyed it for breakfast with homemade jam on it!
You can find the recipe here!

No comments: