Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I should have stayed home....

Well, today has not been the most perfect day. Within 10 minutes of leaving the house, I got in a car accident with all 5 kids in the car. This is the 1st accident I have been in since I have been married. I am embarrassed to say, it was my fault. I was looking the rear view mirror and when I looked back out the front one....I saw a car stopped right in front of me. I slammed on the breaks, but....it was too late. Ugghhh. If I could only take it back. Nothing I can do about it now. It's only a car. I know all of these things. However, it disrupted all of our days. My kids were now late for school. My poor husband had to borrow a car (that we could all fit in) to come get us so I could take my kids to school. He then got it to the repair shop and got a rental car. He told me to just go do my errands, and he would take care of everyting. I'm pretty lucky how calm he can be when I tend to stress out so easily.

Then...............while at Target......in the parking lot.......Jonah threw up all over himself and was sitting in a pool of vomit (this is not for the faint of heart). It was everywhere and it was really gross. I used every wipe I had to clean him....(and now me, from picking him up). Oh....it was gross. I was already at Target, with a list, so I thought I would quickly run in and then get him home. I gave him some apple juice, hoping it would help him feel better. While pushing him around Target, he threw up apple juice on the floor twice. Yes, twice. Needless to say, I left. I'm sure we both smelled great at this point. Poor cashier.

Now, I am feeling kind of funny, and slightly naucious and I am praying it is all in my mind (or becasue I have been smelling vomit for the last couple of hours). "Please Lord, spare me from the stomach flu". I have the 1st staff meeting of the school year at my house this afternoon and I am busily setting up for that. I hope I can make it through.

Why am I writing this post now, when the day is only half-way over? I think this day has been eventful enough. I am locking the door and not leaving again. I am praying that the events are over with.... so there would be no need to write later (because there will be nothing new to report)! Right? Do you think it will work? I am going to have happy thoughts and say...yes.

Now, back to setting up and looking forward to a better rest of the day. :)

No comments: