Friday, October 1, 2010

Orzo!

So, I tried a new successful dinner recipe. This one I got from Tasty Kitchen (one of my favorite food websites by the way). It's called Orzo with Grilled Veggies and Smoked Sausage. I used Turkey Kielbasa from Trader Joes.

I started with chopped zucchini, yellow squash and red onion. Then, I drizzled with olive oil and mix in garlic.


Once it was all mixed, I put it on the grill, along with the sausage. The sausage had to come off a little sooner, so it wouldn't burn. The veggies stayed on until they had dark areas and started to almost caramelize a little. I was cutting up the sausage and making the dressing while they continued to cook. (the tomatoes got added to the grill during the last 5 minutes).



I've never used orzo before, but ave always wanted to. It is a pasta that is shaped more like a wide, flat rice. I found whole wheat orzo at Sprouts....happy mommy!

Anyway.....when everything was done cooking, it all got mixed together, and feta was added in.
Yummy!!!

And...while washing the dishes, the kids were outside playing and my son asked to take a picture of the "cool" sky!

No comments: