Monday, September 20, 2010

Old Standby

So...we went to Disneyland Friday and it kind of threw me off. It was so much fun, but such a long day. I think we got home around midnight (Pictures to follow). Anyway, then we had a busy weekend and I think it took me the whole weekend to try to recover from Friday (which I never really got a chance).

So, today was our 1st day back to school and it was a bit of a rough day, I must admit. I think we worked until about 4. Hubby is working tonight so I had a bit more freedom when preparing dinner for the kids. I resorted to an old standby that the kids love.


It has no name. It's kind of a nice meal to throw together with leftovers or ingredients bought for other meals. I use any kind of pasta (but tonight I had cheese tortellini). Then, I add cooked chicken. I throw broccoli in the boiling water about 2 minutes before the pasta is done to blanch it. Then, it all gets tossed with Olive Oil (or butter), Italian Style bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and a bit of garlic salt. The kids love breaded chicken and they love a breaded pasta ( that my mom makes). So, this is the best of both worlds, with a little broccoli added! Very quick to make and always a hit in our house!

No comments: