Monday, September 13, 2010

First Bad Report :(

It started out as a normal Sunday....all 7 of us got out the door for church on time (a feat in itself). Jonah hadn't been to the nursery for several weeks because he got so sick last time he went (pretty sure it was Roseola). Anyway, we put him in and he was happy. Normally get gets along really well in there and is a super content little guy. This Sunday, I went to pick him up and heard the dreaded words, "We had some issues today." Perfect. Just what I wanted to hear. I guess Jonah was pushing and pulling hair and biting. Even more perfect. What in the world???? How does he go from being a delight to a terror. My husband and I think that the virus altered his brain. I did notice his one-year molars breaking through the other day...can I use that as an excuse? Well, I don't know what to say beside the fact that I felt really burdened and need to really spend some extra time watching his behavior and shaping it here at home before he goes back. The sad thing is that he has to go Wednesday night since I am working at Awana this week. So, I will warn the workers. Poor kids. I hope no one gets bit. I may just have to end up working in there with him so I can keep a close eye from now on until he gets over this!


On another note, I decided to come home and cook my sadness away. Louie and the kids went back to night church for a concert (I didn't dare put Jonah back in the nursery so soon). So....I put on some sweet and sour pork chops for dinner.

Then...I went about and made another "healthy snack" for my kids. This one was SUPER DUPER easy!!!!! This is a healthy version of rice crispy treats.


The only ingredients in this one are: Natural peanut butter, honey and powdered milk. That it!
( http://quickeasycheaphealthy.blogspot.com/2009/09/here-i-go-again.html ). Stir over low heat until blended, then stir in the crisp rice. Press in a pan and let set!


Once again.....they passed the taste test! My kids have loved EVER one of the snacks I have made. The monkey bars were the biggest hit so far!


Trying to figure out the best way to spend tomorrow (my kids will be at school all day). I'm sure I'll come up with something!

No comments: