Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My First Teenager....

Well, on November 1st, I became a mom of a teenager for the 1st time. I dreaded this day for years, yet nothing actually feels different. The kids have gradually been growing older every day, and unfortunately, I have had to get use to that fact. Every stage has brought such fun times. I feel so old having a teenager. Yet, in the same year, I had a baby. So funny! I can't imagine my life without Jeremy. He is such a hard worker, is self-motivated, a goal-setter, (stubborn), and huge helper to me around the house (with the baby and my honey-do lists)...when he wants to be :). He is funny, loves adventure, always pushes himself to the next level, wants to do right, loves learning new things, and is very independent. This year he has improved in guitar and has taught himself songs from youth group, he has learned how to surf totally independent of Louie, he has learned to build things with wood while using Louie's saws, he has started golfing alone with dad, he has developed a desire to search God's Word for answers, he has become a sweet big brother to baby Jonah and so many more things that I can't even think of all of them right now. I have been blessed by him for 13 years. Not all of them have been perfect. My relationship with him has revealed to me many of my own weaknesses and sin. I see my flaws in him. It is both humbling and rewarding. I do love that boy so much and am so thankful the Lord has entrusted him to me for the last 13 years. I pray that there are many many more to come!

No comments: