Friday, July 10, 2009

Prince Jonah has arrived!!!

So, after waiting for 9 months, and having false labor for 4 weeks, our Precious Jonah arrived!!! I started having contractions around dinner time on Wednesday night. We dropped the kids off at grandma's and Louie and I went to the hospital. It was the 1st time that it was only him and me in the delivery room during labor. It was quiet and special. Labor lasted all night. I got an epidural early, so we turned the lights down and slept on and off through the night. Dr. Navi showed up the next morning and Jonah was born at 8:30. He was 7 lbs, 9 oz and 21 inches long. I think his length was mis-measured though because he was then only 20 1/2 inches long at 2 1/2 weeks! Anyway, he was a stranger to us when he was born....an unfamiliar face, made especially for us. I knew we would love him so deeply. The hospital is SUCH a special time for me. I love to HOG the baby all to myself as much as I can before my duties call when I get home. I had a wonderful time those 1st 3 days. I selfishly wanted to spend all my time there with him alone. I did love when my husband would come to visit though. He even spent the night on a roll away bed in my room one night....which he had never done before with my other babies. We used my laptop to watch a movie and laid in 2 separate beds with the laptop on the table between us. It was a special time. Being home with Jonah has been so special also. The kids adore him and love to help me take care of him. What a blessing. I know it would be so wonderful, but I think it is even more wonderful than I could have imagined! I am so thankful that we have the summer to spend quality time with him before the busy-ness of the school year!!! :) If you are wondering why I called him "prince"....it is because of the ROYAL treatment he receives in our home. It is amazing how everyone fusses over him!!!

Soon after delivery


1st time the kids all came to see him! They were so amazed at how tiny he was!

So blessed!!!!!


Loving loving loving this sweet little face!

Daddy loving him too!!!

Cute little monkey....1st day home from the hospital!


2 weeks old!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Andrea - he's beautiful!!!! Many congratulations to you!!!!

FishMama said...

You look great! What a beautiful family! Congrats!