Sunday, December 21, 2008

Little Drummer Boy!

Well....not exactly, but I couldn't resist the title this time of year! Josh started taking drum lessons last January or February (2008). He seems like he was born with a desire to play the drums and has had obvious rhythm since we can remember. He finally mustered up the courage to perform in his 1st recital at teh Hyatt, Valencia on December 7th. Hi drum teacher introduced him and I felt sick to my stomach (I cannot imagine going up on stage). I was so nervous for him because he gets shy. Josh surprised me. As soon as he got behind hose drums, he played his heart out, and loved it. Maybe it had to do with the fact that the audience could barely see him over the drums or maybe it had to do with the fact that he has such a passion for playing and feels so comfortable with it. Whatever the reason, we were so proud of him. He did and excellent job and received tons of cheers from the crowd. When all was said and done, he aksed us, "When's my next recital. I can't wait to do that again."

No comments: